As much as we would like to think that all fairy story weddings involve the perfect fashion footwear and true love’s hug, it’s not always so. The truth is that there is a whole lot of paperwork involved to ensure that the nuptials will be legal and official. And that process starts with getting a marital life license.

In New York, you could get your marital life license on the web through Job Cupid or in person (at a pre-scheduled appointment at the City Clerk’s office). If you choose to visit the City Attendant in person, you will need proof of age group documents just for both parties. This could include a point out or government-issued driver’s license, passport, or delivery certificate.

Once you’ve got the license, you’ll really need it signed in front of a see. This is usually a friend or family member, but some locations may require a notary open public. If you need to travel abroad, bear in mind that your relationship certificate may require an apostille stamp to get international attention. This is especially prevalent for countries in The european union. If you plan to journey to a country that will need an apostille, we advise asking the Manhattan City Clerk about it while you are making an application for your certificate.

Once your officiant provides endorsed the marriage license and has submitted it when using the appropriate county, you’ll obtain your certified marital life certificate in the mail. This document will show your name, the names of your spouse and witnesses, the time of your marital relationship, and a seal of approval.